Monday, October 15, 2007

Life as a Serbian folklore dancer

Yes, Serbian FOLKLORE dancing....

It was my life from age 4 to 18. Even if i wanted to quit I think my mom would have busted out the wooden spoon and whooped my butt. You can check out some dance uniforms here!

I won't lie though, I met my amazing Serbian friends through dancing and it also probably kept a lot of us out of trouble seeing as practice was on FRIDAY NIGHTS! Talk about a bummer! I remember "American" friends asking me to hang out Friday night and I never could because of practice!

Reasons folk dancing was awesome:

*
I met my best friends for life
* Keeps the kiddies out of trouble because dance groups are run through churches
* We wore awesome shoes called opanke that are made of pig skin!



A picture of my sexy Serbian folk dancers and best friends!




Come on, you know it's hot!


1 comment:

Iulian-Răzvan Mihalache said...

You know.. I think it really is awesome to be a folklore dancer, no matter what nationality you are. Although I'm not Serbian, I'm related and will be from now on to your culture and your country, as I study Serbian language and culture. Just to show you a part of my serbian knowledge: ja sam student po srpski jezik(and i'm very proud of it). But this wasn't really my point. All I really wanted is to make Serbian friends and share some points of view about your culture and language(this thing would also help me in my way through College).
I hope you will read this message and maybe give me an answer. Hvala:)
Sve najbolje!